Good preparation is key for successful travels. Keep the points below in mind and remember that your first destination should always be the Safetravel homepage.
- At wintertime most of the highland as well as many roads are closed. Get information about the area.
- Always leave your travel plan with someone who can react if needed.
- Check the weather forecast and remember that in Iceland the weather can change in a split second!
- Remember to bring the right equipment for the kind of travel you are planning.
- Map, compass and GPS should always be used when travelling outside urban areas.